I build awesome things on the internet.
Enterprise Web Application Developer
- React / Redux
- Vue / Vuex
- Node / Express
- REST APIs
- Git / GitHub
- UI/UX Design
- Adobe CC
- Email Marketing
Here are some of my recent projects.
Honda Credit Application
An online portal for applying for credit on a new Honda or Acura vehicle.
The user is guided through a multi-stage application to apply for credit. Progress is saved and persisted at every step. Users can invite a co-applicant to fill out their details and add an appraisal for a trade-in vehicle. This application is the first of its kind in Canada allowing customers to qualify for credit on a car without requiring any human review.
React UI Library
A web accessibility project to improve WCAG compliance of Canon Canada's consumer website.
Implemented a number of accessibility improvements to the principle React component library that is served by a Magnolia CMS on Canon.ca.
- Web Accessibility
React NPM Library
A React utility for dynamically generating headings with the correct semantic order.
An equity research tool that displays financial data and recent news about a company.
What I've done and where I did it.
Front-end Developer Sep 2019 - Apr 2020
I worked on an agile team building consumer-facing React applications for clients like Honda, Acura and Canon at this enterprise development agency.
- Built a design system for a major consumer website using React, Styled-components, Styled-system, and Storybook.
- Worked with the client and an analytics agency to lead the custom Google Tag Manager implementation on Honda's Online Credit Application.
- Completed an accessibility revamp of Canon Canada's React component library.
- Helped recruit, interview and evaluate new developers for the company.
Capitalize for Kids
Director of Marketing Jan 2018 - Apr 2019
Marketing Manager May 2016 - Dec 2017
I joined Capitalize for Kids to help transform a fundraising event into a full-scale charitable organization. I directed the organization’s marketing strategy while managing vendors, freelancers, and pro-bono partners to execute on our plan.
- Managed all marketing and communications for one of Canada's most important capital markets conferences – an event that raised $1.5 million for charity in 2018.
- Co-founded the Bay Street Games – an event that raised over $230,000 in 2019.
- Launched a podcast featuring interviews with Canadian business leaders like Michele Romanow, Bruce Croxon and Paul Desmarais III.
- Led the redesign of the organization's website and was responsible for all updates.
Marketing and Communications Lead May 2013 - Apr 2016
- Directed all marketing and communications activities for the organization.
- Managed their website and fundraising portals.
- Directed a complete rebranding of the organization in partnership with a pro-bono agency.
- Launched online fundraising at Jack.org and helped raise $250,000 (200% of Goal) at their first fundraising event.
- Supported the launch of the student chapters program and grew it to 100+ campus chapters with 1,000+ members.
- Helped grow total revenue from $600,000 to $1.5 million in three years.