I build awesome things on the internet.
From jack of all trades to master of one.
I am a Web Developer with six years of marketing experience in the non-profit sector. With this background, I have had the opportunity to build a broad toolkit of creative and technical skills. In my previous roles, I did graphic design, email marketing, digital ads, video production, copywriting and everything in-between. In the spring of 2019, I decided to focus my career on the part of my toolkit that I loved the most – web development.
- VS Code
- UI/UX Design
- Adobe CC
- Email Marketing
- Online Fundraising
Here are some of my recent projects.
An equity research tool that displays financial data and recent news about a company.
Who Wants to be a Dev
A trivia game that pulls computer science questions from a trivia API.
Last Minute Cocktails
A cocktail recipe app that takes a user input to query an API and return matching recipes.
Capitalize for Kids
A Wordpress website for Capitalize for Kids.
I did the initial UI/UX design of this website, led the customization of a Wordpress theme to match the design, and maintained the website on an ongoing basis. The website uses the Classypress plugin to connect with Classy.org for fundraising campaigns.
For a HackerYou exercise we were provided with a Zeplin page design and had to convert it to a responsive single page website in HTML/CSS.
What I've done and where I did it.
Capitalize for Kids
Director of Marketing Jan 2018 - Apr 2019
Marketing Manager May 2016 - Dec 2017
I joined Capitalize for Kids to help transform a fundraising event into a full-scale charitable organization. I directed the organization’s marketing strategy while managing vendors, freelancers, and pro-bono partners to execute on our plan.
- Managed all marketing and communications for one of Canada's most important capital markets conferences – an event that raised $1.5 million for charity in 2018.
- Co-founded the Bay Street Games – an event that raised over $230,000 in 2019.
- Launched a podcast featuring interviews with Canadian business leaders like Michele Romanow, Bruce Croxon and Paul Desmarais III.
- Led the redesign of the organization's website and was responsible for all updates.
Marketing and Communications Lead May 2013 - Apr 2016
- Directed all marketing and communications activities for the organization.
- Managed their website and fundraising portals.
- Directed a complete rebranding of the organization in partnership with a pro-bono agency.
- Launched online fundraising at Jack.org and helped raise $250,000 (200% of Goal) at their first fundraising event.
- Supported the launch of the student chapters program and grew it to 100+ campus chapters with 1,000+ members.
- Helped grow total revenue from $600,000 to $1.5 million in three years.